Sunday, April 25, 2010

After running repair from my xp disc my user accounts are gone and my system restore wont work?

my pc would shut down when i would try to log on so i ran the repair from my xp disc but now my user profiles are gone and my system restore says it cant protect my pc at this time and my nortons wont load and i cant even do a search. my files are still there and my programs but most of them wont work. when i ran the recovery i followed the `instructions from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 and entered the commands i was told but now how do i use system restore to go back to how my pc was before i had a problem if it wont open? HELP!



After running repair from my xp disc my user accounts are gone and my system restore wont work?windows messenger



Sorry to say you did something wrong,That link was not what you needed to do , messing with the registry will cause your current issue and of course Microsoft doesn't tell you there will be the exact issue you discribed above .You are going to have to reinstall you operating system and drivers and all your software.

No comments:

Post a Comment