Sunday, April 25, 2010

I am downloading files from FTP using MSDN traditional ftp class in vb.net.but this isn't fast.

i downloaded ftp class from http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp... i want to download average 500 mb daily automatically from my programm using threading from a number of specifid ftp locations.so now what changes i impose to my programm.pls help me its important for my career.



I am downloading files from FTP using MSDN traditional ftp class in vb.net.but this isn't fast.pls see detailssafari browser



I have a couple of suggestions. First, I'd install a local FTP server to make sure that the problem really is in the code and not in the speed of your network. I've included a link to one server below, but you can find others using your favorite search engine.



500MB seems like a very small amount of data. Are you sure you want to use multi-threading? Could you start multiple copies of your program? If you decide to go with threading, I'd upgrade to Visual Basic 2005 if you don't have it already - I included a link to the free version below.



In VB2005, there's a new component for threading called BackgroundWorker. I've linked to one example of it's use below -- but MSDN has a lot of material on it, including examples.



I am downloading files from FTP using MSDN traditional ftp class in vb.net.but this isn't fast.pls see detailsds browser internet explorer



I really liked the look of the code in the 3rd link :D i've saved it to my favorites to use on another project forming in my mind, i'd vote for the answer above



R3dm0

No comments:

Post a Comment