Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trouble with connecting my zune. Doesnt register on my zune or computer that it is plugged in.?

when i plug the zune in it doesnt register on either the zune or the computer that it is plugged in...



the zune doesnt charge like normal or even light up...



the software doesnt say that a zune is connected...i looked it up in the troubleshooting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944909?s...



on the site and tried different usb's on the back of the comp and everything (i have something else in a usb port that is working ok and the zune doesnt work in that port either)



i tried everything...i looked up the device manager thing and in all the catagories, "zune" isnt listed



when i go to "system devices, "Zune Bus Enumerator" is listed once and "Zune Bus Root Enumerator" is listed twice...



i did the driver update thing and none of them needed an update so that didnt work



sorry, i know i wrote a lot...



do you think i need a new usb cord?



and i restarted the comp and the zune



DO NOT TELL ME I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN IPOD!!!!!



Thanks



Trouble with connecting my zune. Doesnt register on my zune or computer that it is plugged in.?microsoft.com



I am having the same problem as you! I have a zune 30GB and it does the exact same thing so the advice that i give you is to buy another sync cable cord( you can get it at walmart or circuit city for 20 bucks) i know its not the computer because when i first bought it it did not have any problems so its probably the cord you use to plug ur zune in to the computer.



Trouble with connecting my zune. Doesnt register on my zune or computer that it is plugged in.?internet browser internet explorer



You need access to another computer to try it on to determine if it's a problem with just your computer, the USB Cable or the Unit. Also, I've unfortunately discovered that the Zune has somewhat strict OS requirements and since it's a Microsoft product, they want you to have all the latest Windows updates and latest Windows Media player, etc. I think the software developers did a horrible job on the Zune software as they are too dependent on OS Items and such. I've had a couple of friends return their units because it was too much hassle trying to get it to work on their PC. What I would do if I were you is return the Zune and purchase a Zen from Creative which has less OS requirements and has better software Definately stay away from the over-hyped iPods!

No comments:

Post a Comment