Sunday, April 25, 2010

RTHDCPL.EXE-Illegal System DLL Relocation?

I just got Windows security update 925902, and I started getting this error message:



RTHDCPL.EXE-Illegal System DLL Relocation



The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.



So, I removed the update from add/remove programs from Control Panel. And I was happy that I stoped getting the message whenever I started my computer.



BUT NOT SO FAST. The computer gets the same windows update that caused the problem. So, I went to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448 to get a fix. But I received yet another error message that reads like this:



C:\Documents and Settings\Name of computer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\LEZ4NAHA\WindowsXP-KB9... is not a valid Win 32 application



Please help!



RTHDCPL.EXE-Illegal System DLL Relocation?windows live



It's part of the audio system on your computer.



You need to repair it.



.



RTHDCPL.EXE-Illegal System DLL Relocation?windows media player 11 internet explorer



Here is the fix:



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...
It is NOT a virus! And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.



You must have updated your Windows with the emergency .ani patch in the past 2 days. Well that patch now needs a patch! Go to Windows Update and get the patch for the patch and that information box will be gone.



Full information about this latest Microsoft screw-up is here:



http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/a...



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment