Sunday, April 25, 2010

My computer comes up with a error when i try to install SP2, can someone help me?

Everytime i try to install my Service Pack 2 for Win. XP, it says:



Windows has detected that one or more protected core system files (kernel) on your computer have been modified. The Service Pack contains updated versions of those files, which work to provide a stable environment for your programs. Due to this modification, the Service Pack will not be installed. For more information, see Knowledge Base article Q327101 at http://support.microsoft.com



I did everything it told me to do, but i still can't install it. I deleted /kernel= but still nothing. Can someone help me please?



My computer comes up with a error when i try to install SP2, can someone help me?microsoft office



The only thing I can tell you is to go to windows updates and you will find on the right side of that page a note talking about pack 2, click on it and see where it will get you. Also, do a thorough cleanup of your system before you try installing pack 2. Another thing that you could do before installing Pack 2, is to download the free trial of Tuneup Utilities and use that program to clean up your registry. The program is very good and it is safe when you let it do the job automatically. just be careful not to get in your registry and do any changes yourself. If those things don't work, you may need to use your original Windows CD to reinstall windows but only the parts tat are missing.



Good luck



My computer comes up with a error when i try to install SP2, can someone help me?opera browser internet explorer



If your pc is infected it will not instal SP2
You need to fix some original system files first before installing SP2. To do this boot up with the original Windows XP CD. Not the first Restore options but... You need to do the R-estore files options and this is the option after the F8 to continue. This option will not delete any files or configuration. This will fix any virused/trojan/adware modified system files. Also dont forget remove any Adware or Virus before installing SP2.
Format your hard drive which your winXP is installed.



Then Try to reinstall it.

No comments:

Post a Comment